Hi everyone, thought I'd go ahead and give an update from the Father.
Ever since we found out we're having a girl, it has gotten very real and apparent that we are actually going to be parents very soon. And around the same time, we were able to start feeling Chloe kicking around, which added to this feeling. It's been so wonderful to feel her and it still surprises me when she starts practicing like an MMA fighter. Everything's all fine and normal and then every now and then she really gets after it.
I think we've picked out a color to paint the nursery. I feel bad when I say that the color we've picked is gray, but it's not as bad as it sounds. It will match some of the colors from the bedding scheme we've picked out for Chloe. It actually has some blue and other colors in it, so it's not a very dreary color. With the color picked out, looks like I'll start painting in the coming weeks. Shouldn't be bad, just need to move the stuff out of the room and get it taped up. It does mean that we will probably start making the nursery actually look like a baby's room.
Right now the crib is still in the box, along with the mattress. We have a few things put in the nursery, but nothing major yet. I'm looking forward to having it all together for Chloe.
I'm so looking forward to seeing what traits Chloe gets from the both of us. I pray fervently that Chloe gets Ashley's sense of direction. I hate being lost and I get turned around so easily, I'd hate to have passed that on. It's still amazing to me that babies have their own personality as soon as they're born.
I've been reading to Chloe in the evenings. Even if she can't understand the words, I think it's done wonders in getting Chloe to recognize my voice. It's just wonderful to see/feel her start kicking around as I read Dr. Seuss. After reading some of his books recently however, it's a little crazy how many of his words are made up. It's like rhyming with numbers in a song; if you make words up, it's easy to get them to rhyme.
I guess that's all for now. I'm looking forward to Chloe's arrival in August!
Nolen


No comments:
Post a Comment