So it has been a while... alright, a long while since my last post. I know there is a ton to update on, but of course I have no access to all our pictures on the desktop at the moment so this will just have to do.
November:
We started off the month with my mom coming for a visit and our annual trip out to the Texas Renaissance Festival. This was the first time Nolen and I both left Chloe over-night. I know she was in great hands staying with her Weezer (my mom) but still it was a big step for us. The weekend was amazing and it continues to be one of our highlights every year.
The following weekend we headed over to Covington for our first housing search. Oh, I probably forget to say that we found out in October we were moving to Covington, Louisiana at the first of the year for Nolen's job. I was very excited having never been to the Northshore before. Jacob and Amanda proved to be amazing hostess, as always, and showed us around when we weren't being taken all over creation by our realtor.
For Thanksgiving we were able to head out to the ranch and spend some time with Gran Z, Tyler, Christine, Curt and Caleb. It was a very low-key week, which was exactly what we needed. It was so much fun to watch Chloe interact with Curt though. Curt was about 8 months at this point and just about to take off crawling. Anytime he would get fussy though, Chloe would go find his pacifier or whatever else she thought he might need and bring it to him. I look very forward to watching them together as they continue to grow.
Our house also went on the market this month, so we had a fun job of keeping it "show" ready with a toddler and the dog, let alone the mess we make on our own.
December:
Early Demember was pretty low key considering everything we had going on. We did go back to Covington in mid-December and find a house as well as the same day we had an offer on our house in Pearland! God really does work in amazing ways! So just in time for Christmas, we were dealing with inspections, survarys, and all the good stuff that goes along with the buying and selling of a house.
For Christmas we did a tour of Texas. Spent time in Dallas seeing both sets of my grandparents, as well as Nolen's grandmother who lives in Decatur. Also saw my parent's and brother since they were in town from Denver. Never feels like we get to spend enough time with anyone, but very thankful for the time we did get to spend. Then Christmas Eve we headed down to the ranch to be with Nolen's family. Had most of the Weaver's there, but Tyler, Christine and Curt couldn't make it in from California and they were very missed.
The New Year was just spent getting Nolen ready to head to Covington to start work and getting last second things done around the house so we would be ready for the move when it came time.
January:
Craziest month I feel like we've had in a long time. With Nolen being in Covington already working and Chloe and I still in Pearland, every weekend was spent traveling one way or another.
We were very blessed by our wonderful friends who threw us an amazing going away party the first weekend of the month. It is amazing how you can live in a place and have no "family" around, but how you create your own that mean just as much to you as if they were your blood.
Most of the rest of the month was just spent saying goodbyes and getting ready for the move. We officially left Texas on January 24th and have been here in Louisiana since.
I'd say we are getting pretty well settled so far. We have found a church we love and a great Bible Study class as well. Chloe and I have also found a mommy and me group that we have done a few things with and are looking forward to more. I do miss my stroller strides class and all of our friends back in Pearland, but it is nice knowing that we will be back often to visit.
This weekend is Mardi Gras weekend, and I am looking very forward to showing Chloe and Nolen what it is all about. We are going to head down and spend part of the weekend with my family in New Orleans and I cannot wait.
I promise to be better and to keep you more updated. And as soon as I have access to the pictures on my desktop I will update you on some of those as well.
Hope you all are well and thanks for following us on our journey!


No comments:
Post a Comment