Nolen, Ashley, Chloe, Mallory, Courtney and Astro... our life seems pretty crazy at times but we love every moment of it. Please feel free to catch up on what's going on with us, well really with Chloe, Mallory, and Courtney as we go through life.
Friday, February 15, 2013
18 Months
Chloe is 18 months old, I cannot believe that amazing little girl has been in our lives for a year and a half already. But then again, I find it hard to imagine my life without her around.
We went to the doctor the other day and she is up to 28 pounds and 35.5 inches tall. We went to a new doctor, since we are now in Covington, and the doctor was concerned that she might have a growth problem since she was sooooo tall for her age! I had to try to not laugh in her face, but I just told her about how tall both Nolen and I are, as well as the rest of the family and then I think she understood.
Chloe is into everything. It is amazing watching her figure things out each and every day. I love that we can now tell her to do something and she will actually do it, well when she wants to she will. We have a stubborn and strong-willed child on our hands, but that's okay. Just adds to the fun that is parenting. She is also gaining new words all the time, which is good. Still not 100% clear, but once you're around her for a little bit it is easy to understand what she is saying.
This past weekend was Mardi Gras, so we headed across the lake to New Orleans to celebrate! We started off Friday night at Clayleen and Michael's for their annual crawfish boil! Oh, how I had missed good crawfish, but we made up for it this night. Chloe loved them as well. If you didn't peal them fast enough for her she would start eating the crawfish whole.
Saturday we made it to the Endymion parade, Nolen and Chloe's first Mardi Gras parade. The parade was amazing, rolled pretty fast, we got some great stuff, and were able to see the longest float in history, an amazing 365 feet! Chloe loved waving at everyone on the floats and putting her hands in the air to catch stuff.
That's about it for now. Hope everyone had a wonderful week and a very happy valentines day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment