Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October Re-cap

Mallory is now 13 months old and officially moving around like crazy!  Last Monday it was like it finally "clicked" with her and she is walking everywhere.  It is amazing to see how they can be working at something for so long, and then over-night they just get it.  Mallory is officially walking more than crawling and is now a true "toddler."  It's hard for me to grasp that she is not a baby anymore.  


Mallory is also trying really hard to talk.  Anything you say to her she will try and repeat it, and often with pretty good success.  She has mastered both "hi" and "bye" along with waving.  Other words you might hear her say are shoe, bow, thank you, mama, dada, sis.  The other day she walked over and picked up a bow off the floor, said bow, and then tried to put it in her hair.  


Chloe is becoming more and more independent every day.  She is really loving playing with her doll house currently, and can almost always be found carrying around some doll and taking care of it.  Chloe also keeps asking when we are going back to the hospital to get her a baby brother.  That's always a fun conversation, but good to know she is open to the idea if Nolen and I decide to have more kiddos.  

 

The girls had a blast on Halloween.  Chloe went as Rapunzel and Mallory went as a puppy dog.  Chloe also insisted that mom and dad dress up as well, so mom found a witch hat on sale at Target and went as a witch and Nolen was able to bring out his Malcom Rynolds outfit from a few years ago.  The weather has finally turned cool/ cold here, thank goodness!  We spent Halloween day at the Hammond Children's Museum and we all had a blast.


Two weekends ago Chloe and Nolen went camping at a local state park.  To say Chloe loved it would be an understatement.  Our good friends Jordan and his little boy Hudson also went, and the four of them had so much fun.  Between playing at the park, roasting hot dogs and making smores, wearing headlamps and sleeping in a tent, they all had a blast.  Glad to know my girly girly loves to get outside and camp as well.  


Earlier this month I also completed my first half marathon!  I will say I didn't get all of the training in like I was hoping to, but besides that I still beat my goal of finishing in under 3 hours!  I ran 13.1 miles (or 13.5 according to my phone) in just under 2 hours and 45 mins!  I completed the whole thing by myself and even ran the furthest I had ever run at once to start the race.  So while it was no huge victory compared to some of the others racing, it was a huge personal victory.  I was so happy to have completed it with Amanda and her friend Lauren as well!  None of us had ever done anything more than a 5k, so we all felt a huge sense of accomplishment.


Chloe has been loving dance class.  She gets to practice both tap and ballet at every class and she loves to watch herself in the mirror.  Chloe had her first little "performance" this past week for Halloween and I was very impressed to see how much she remembered on her own.

 
Other things we have done this month are visit the pumpkin patch, visit one of the local firestations, hang out with Big & Weezer, and go to the Aquarium.  To say it has been a fun-filled busy month would be an understatement, but we like it that way.  

Now onto November which brings Nolen's 30th birthday, Texas Renaissance Festival, trips to the ranch and Denver, and Thanksgiving!  Thanks for following along, until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment