Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, August 17, 2017

What a Summer!

I have blinked and June, no wait, the whole summer is over.  I knew looking at our summer schedule that it would happen like this, but wow.  I never imagined it would go this fast, but then again I guess when your summer starts with pretty big news it helps move it forward quickly.  


The Weaver's are moving to Indonesia.  Yep, that is the news that started our whole summer.  We are very excited about the move and it will be a long process, but we should be moving by the end of the year.  
Image result for indonesia
So to catch you up on a few of the highlights of the summer, I will include some pictures.

Chloe lost her first tooth to start the summer off.  It fell right out and the permanent tooth was already through behind it.


We took a day trip to the Infinity Space Center in Mississippi.  It is really only about 30 minutes away from here, but the girls had a blast.  They had lots of different hands-on exhibits for the kids to play with, and we took a bus tour around the whole center.




We had a week of Vacation Bible School at the church, where we all had a blast.  However, mom was so busy with it this year that I never got a single picture of us the whole week.  But we all had fun and were exhausted by the end of the week.  

Nolen and I also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary in early June.  It is crazy to see how much life has changed in 9 years, makes me even more excited to see where we will be in 9 more.

Weezer came for a week to visit us while Nolen was out of town for work.  It was a great week spent shopping, playing and checking out different things in the area.  


Then we headed to the ranch for some time with Kiki & Papi and all that aunts, uncles and cousins on that side of the family.  The kids love playing together, and I'm so thankful they have cousins close in age to play with.  


After that week, Nolen and I escaped up to Fredericksburg for a two night get away.  We had a wonderful time away, checking out a few of the winery's and climbing Enchanted Rock.  



By this point we are into July.  This is just a picture of the girls one morning before church.  I may be in love with these cowgirl themed outfits.  

One Friday morning we all went to Global Wildlife Center, which is only about 30 minuets away from us.  You are put on a open buggy that is pulled by a tractor and driven around the area and able to feed all the different animals.  All three of the girls loved it and would even let them lick on them.



Then the girls and I headed to Denver for 10 days.  Somehow, I have no pictures from that week... not sure what happened.  We had a great time visiting the Denver Zoo, American Girl Doll store, splash pads, and a quick drive into the Mountains.  I also got to go see the Goo Goo Dolls and Phillip Phillips concert with my dad the last night we were there.  It was a great trip.

The following week, Chloe and Mallory had cheerleading camp at the local High School.  They both loved it.  Even though Mallory was the youngest one there, you would never had believed it watching her preform and go running in every morning.  


Now we are into August and the summer didn't seem to slow down.  We ended summer with a visit from Uncle Caleb and Aunt Julia.  We were able to go to the New Orleans Aquarium with them, which is always a hit.


The next day Nana, Uncle Neil, Ella and Danny came for a visit from Dallas.  To say the girls were surprised to see them would be an understatement.  We all had a blast playing in the pool, going for snoballs, and just playing with toys.


Chloe started school last Thursday.  It is hard to believe she is a First Grader already.  She loves school, but it takes her a little while to adjust back to the demanding schedule.  That evening the girls had another big surprised when Kiki came walking through the door from the airport.  She had flown in for the weekend to see us all and help us celebrate Chloe turning 6.


Yep, the second day of school was Chloe's birthday.  It was a big weekend of fun.  We started the morning with picking out donuts at the Donut King, school, and then dinner at IHOP, per the birthday girl's request.  Saturday, Chloe had her party with her friends at Mandeville Sports Complex, and it was so fun to see everyone from Emma up to the dad's having a blast.




This week we are starting to get back into the routine of the school year, but both Mallory and Courtney had swim lessons.  I would have never put someone in swim lessons so young, but Courtney is fearless and is always trying to do with Chloe and Mallory are doing.  It is amazing to watch how far they have come, and it will be a great skill they will use often once we move.


So that brings us up to today.  Mallory starts school next week and we slowly continue to get into the rhythm of the school year.  I know there will be a lot going on over the next little bit with our upcoming move, but it will all be good.  I will do better about keeping you updated along the way, but thank you for following along and keeping us in your prayers as we begin this time of transition. Until next time....








1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! It's great for keeping the rest of us in the Weaver loop!! Love to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete