So we went back to the doctor for a scheduled check up today. Baby Giblet is doing just fine, everything looks normal. It will still be about another 6 weeks or so before we find out the gender, so we're still waiting patiently for that. Due date has been spot on so far, still tracking for August 19th.
We got to actually hear the baby's heart beat for the first time today. It was wonderful, beating like a drum, 153 BPM. It was like a confirmation that everything was going ok. We also have 2 short videos from the sonogram, but they're way too big to post here. I'll see if there's a way we can get them out to everyone.

As the nurse is trying to take the sonogram, Giblet didn't want to move into a place where the nurse could see what she needed to. So the nurse starts shaking the sonogram probe, moving it across Ashley's stomach, trying to get the baby to move. Giblet immediately started kicking back up, and I could almost hear them say, "NO, I don't wanna!". I wonder which side of the family they got that....
After Giblet moved around and kicked some more, it looked like they started sucking their thumb! We just couldn't believe it, already they can take actions and make decisions on things. Truly amazing. It's just incredible to think that they're already a little person, with a separate personality.
Ashley's newest pictures are below. We're starting to see a baby bump and I'm sure it'll keep growing quickly. So far she's only bought a few maternity clothes, but I know she's looking forward to going shopping.
As for me, I'm just trying to do what I can to help out and keep Ashley from lifting too much. It's amazing how little 10-15 lbs really is on a normal basis. I bet her purse weighs almost that much, though I'm not carrying it for her at this point.
It's kind of strange so far, not a whole lot has changed in our lives as far as our routine. We still both get up in the morning, go to work, come home and do it all again. Thankfully, Ashley hasn't had any morning sickness nor really any of the symptoms most pregnant woman mention, which has really been a blessing.
Thank you to everyone for all the prayers and support. We couldn't do this without it.


No comments:
Post a Comment