We had another doctor's appointment yesterday along with a sonogram! I never get tired of those, it always amazes me to see her and pick out different features she already has! I cannot wait to meet her! With that said, she is measuring 7 pounds 12 ounces as of yesterday, which puts her in the 91% and at about 38 weeks. Therefore, we are measuring about 10 days ahead of where my original due date is. As the sonogram tech said, she is running out of real estate in there very quickly! Dr. Stevens didn't seem too concerned with how big she is because she still has the proper amount of fluid around her and she has stayed on course through each of these appointments growing at a steady rate, just larger than most!
Since she is measuring so large, I believe average for this time is around 6-6 1/2 pounds, then she qualifies for some special medical term that means "large baby!" All that really means is that if we wanted to, we could induce starting next weekend, rather than having to wait until 39 weeks like everyone else.
Here are the baby bump pictures as promised. The one on the left was taken on July 18 and the one on the right was taken on July 26th. You can really tell that she is running out of room in there!
I feel very blessed to still feel as good as I do this late in pregnancy, especially considering her size. With that said, I told Dr. Stevens that if I still feel this good at next weeks appointment, then I don't want to induce yet. I'd much rather wait and let her decide when it is time for her to make her appearance, but we will see what happens. Dr. Stevens did say that she has dropped some, still not fully engaged yet, and that she is heads down, which is the most important part!
Now, for the best part, some pictures!!! You can see her chubby cheeks and a big smile! I also have some amazing video, but I need to figure out how to uploads those on here!


I guess that is all for now. We will return to the doctor next Wednesday to see how we are progressing, if she doesn't decide to make her appearance before that!


No comments:
Post a Comment