Chloe is now 6 weeks old, and this past week we have had some major updates!!! Last Wednesday she rolled over for the first time! I don't think she was aware of what she was doing, but she still rolled from being on her back to her front! She was lying on the couch next to me and was just wiggling around for a while. Next thing I notice she was on her side and then had her bottom flipped all the way over. It took her a few tries to figure out how to get her arm out from under her, but once she did she flat out landed on her front!!!
Then on Thursday, Chloe and I were just hanging out all day. After a diaper change her and I were dancing around to one of my favorite songs "Our God." For a good part of it she was just looking at me like "you're crazy mom", but then all of a sudden she gets this huge smile on her face! We are talking mouth open, showing her gums type of smile. And not once, but twice while we were singing and dancing. This was not the same smile she gives when she is gassy, so I knew it was in reaction to me! It was one of the most amazing moments, words cannot describe it.
We also had a big night last night! Last night was Chloe's first night in her crib in her room! She went down at 10 after her feeding, and she didn't fight it! Then we got up twice during the night to eat, which is normal for her. After eating both times she went right back down to sleep. So all in all I consider it a big win on the night. Going into it I had a feeling I would hardly sleep, just because I would be checking in on her all the time, but I was good. I think I was just so tired for some reason that once I feel asleep I didn't wake back up until I heard her! The real test will come tonight when we put her in her crib again, but hopefully all will go well.
That is all for now. Just wanted to give you all an update on the big week Chloe had! Hopefully I will have nothing but good things to report in 2 weeks when she is 2 months old!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment