Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

6 Months

We have a 6 month old, wow.  And the even scarier part is to think in 6 months we will have a one year old.  That is just crazy!  This past month has been amazing, it seems as though ever day Chloe becomes more and more of a little girl and less and less of a baby.  Let's see, this past month we have mastered sitting, gotten our first tooth, eating pretty much everything we will give her, is "ooching" around, will get upset with you take away toys, and is "talking" up a storm.



This past Monday we went to the doctor for her 6 month check-up, even though it was a week early.  Chloe is up to 17.8 pounds and just over 28 inches long.  Therefore, her weight is around the 80% and her height is still off the charts!  Doctor said everything looked great, Chloe took the shots really well, and now we don't go back until she is 9 months old! 


So all last weekend we were really working on "sitting" with Chloe.  We finally put her up in our bed and kept sitting her up and then letting her fall over so she would eventually realize that she has to correct herself to keep from falling.  We saw some progress over the weekend, but still not mastering it yet.  Well on Monday when I was at the doctor the nurse asked me to set Chloe up on the table so she could measure her heads, etc.  Well I sat Chloe up there fully expecting to have to hold her up there and she just sat there like she had been doing it for forever!  It was the funniest thing.  I had to snap this picture while we were waiting for the doctor.  It was like Chloe was checking out her belly button now that she was sitting up!

The doctor also gave us the go head to start giving Chloe a sippy cup with water in it.  Said she would probably just play with it more than anything, but to go ahead and let her play while she is in her high-chair during meals.  Needless to say Chloe has figured it out pretty quickly!

This past month Chloe and I also went to Denver for another visit with my parents!  Chloe did amazing on the flights, again, which made for a very happy momma!  No one on the plane could believe there was a baby on there because she never fussed!  So thankful she is such a good traveler at this point!  While in Denver, my parents dog Bode, took a very big interest in Chloe.  The two of them would just lay on the floor and look at each other for long periods of time.  It was the cutest thing in the entire world to watch.  It was like they were both busy trying to figure each other out.   

Also while in Denver Chloe decide she was ready to attempt feeding herself with a bottle.  We were out to lunch and I had a been feeding Chloe with a bottle.  I sat the bottle down on the table to wipe her mouth and Chloe just leaned forward, grabbed the bottle, and put it into her mouth.  I was so amazed I'm pretty sure I just sat there with my mouth open. 

We also have our first tooth!  We found it last Thursday, on the 9th! Bottom right one, a sharp little thing that's for sure.  I wouldn't be surprised if another one is close behind! 
Here is another picture from this past month, us before church one Sunday!  Hopefully this next month I will provide more updates throughout the month!  Thanks for following along on our wonderful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment