Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, September 30, 2013

Almost time....

38 weeks and counting.  Hard to believe we have reached this point and that we could be meeting Mallory any day now.  We went to the doctor last Wednesday and all still looked good.  Progressing nicely, but she was still sitting pretty high up.  Though the doctor told us that sometimes with the second child they don't drop until actual labor, so we shall see.  Mallory feels like she is somehow longer than Chloe was though, just because I can feel her kicking my ribs and into my hips at the same time.  Here are this weeks pictures, I forgot to take them for 37.  On the left is with Mallory and on the right is Chloe.  


We've just been staying busy around here.  It's one of those things where I am having a hard time believing Chloe will no longer be an only child anymore so I am trying to make sure we do something special each day.  


This past Saturday morning we got up and headed to the park.  This park is amazing and watching her and Nolen run around and do everything for almost two hours was a blast.  The funniest thing was when Nolen decided to swing next to Chloe.  For some reason Chloe thought this was the funniest thing she had ever seen.  She couldn't stop giggling at Nolen.

She also loves building "houses" with her blocks.  At first it was a house for her, and then when she realized that Nolen and I couldn't fit into it, it became a house for her dolls.  She loves making sure the house has a gate so she can open and let different dolls in and kick different dolls out.  


Last weekend when Nolen was still out of town, I took Chloe to see Planes.  It had been raining for two days straight and we needed to get out of the house.  She did pretty good.  She loved just being able to sit there in her own seat with her own goodies.  And with as much as Chloe loves to point out each and every airplane that flies by, she was pretty overwhelmed at the start of the movie with all of the airplanes.


We also had dinner and Jacob and Amanda's one night while Nolen was out of town.  Chloe wasn't so interested in dinner, but she loved eating the entire bowl full of grapes.  She wasn't interested in chips, hot dogs, or anything, she just wanted her grapes, in the big bowl too!


One day last week while playing in the backyard, Chloe and Nolen found a baby frog.  Chloe was very interested, but still didn't want to get too close to it.  


Here are a few other pictures from the week.  First story time at the library, dinner at the Beach House, where she enjoyed laying in the sand more than anytime, and then her just cooking in her kitchen here at the house. 

 
    
Chloe has also become our little reader.  The only thing is once you read a book, she wants you to read it at least 10 times.  So here is a picture of Chloe and Nolen reading Peter Pan, for probably the 5th time since Nolen walked in the door from work.  At least it is Peter Pan and not something else, but still there are only so many times you can read it without wanting to read any other book.


I guess that is really all for this week.  We don't really have much planned at this point, but I'm sure we will find something to do each day that Mallory isn't here yet.  We go back to the doctor on Wednesday to see how things are moving along and we will probably discuss how long she will let us go/ how long we want to go.  This time since I am "waiting" to go into labor it just feels like we are doing it all for the first time not really knowing what to expect.  I will admit that the contractions I've been having with Mallory are more than I ever had with Chloe before we induced her, so hopefully that means something good.

Until next week, or until there is something else to report!




No comments:

Post a Comment