I'm sure you have all heard at this point, but Mallory Nicole Weaver is here! She was born on Thursday, October 3 at 5:51 p.m. She was 8 pounds 15 ounces and measured 21 inches long (though we are pretty sure they were a little off on this measurement). Mallory has a head full of dark curly hair, chubby cheeks, and loves to eat! She is pretty much perfect and we couldn't be more excited that she is here!
Chloe got to meet Mallory on Friday. Chloe didn't really know what to think, I think Chloe was more mad at mom for the way I "left" her than anything else. I put her down for her nap on Thursday, and then left for the hospital, so when she woke up I was gone and Uncle Jacob was there to play. Not saying Chloe didn't have blast with her Uncle, just that she was mad at mom.
Mallory also met her Uncle Jacob and Aunt Amanda as well as her Gram Z on Friday at the hospital.
We came home around lunchtime on Saturday, our little family of four. Overall the adjustment has gone pretty good. Chloe shows varying interest in Mallory, sometimes wanting to be super helpful, and others totally ignoring her, but each day gets a bit better for us all.
Chloe has really enjoyed playing with her Gran Z this past week and all the extra time with daddy as well. Plus the cooler weather has allowed us all to be outside a lot more often that normal.
This is one of my current favorite pictures of the two of them. I had them both dressed in their Texas Tech dresses to watch the game on Saturday. All of a sudden Chloe decided to go over and just talk with Mallory. It was the sweetest thing. I tried to take a few pictures without Chloe realizing what I was doing and this was the best one I could get.
It is amazing how much Mallory has changed in such a short period of time. Here are just a few pictures from the past two weeks.
And even Astro has already started to protect Mallory. It didn't take him long to realize this new person was here to stay and she was just as important as Chloe.
Mallory is growing like a weed. At her first doctors appointment at 5 days old she was back up to 8 pounds 10 ounces and measured 22 1/4 inches long. They measured her length 4 different times to make sure it was right because it was so much greater than her birth length. Every time they got the same thing, that is why we think at birth she was longer than 21 inches. Then Mallory had her two week appointment yesterday and is officially back up over her birth weight, coming in at 9 pounds 3 ounces, and measures 22 3/8 inches long. She sleeps really well so far, waking every three hours or so to eat and then goes back to sleep. Overall, Mallory is a pretty happy baby and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.
So we are doing good. Gran Z left earlier this week, so it has just been our little family of four for the past few days and we are all doing okay, a little tired but that's to be expected. We have been beyond blessed with the outpouring of love and support from our friends and family since Mallory's arrival. I don't know what we would have done without them all, they have truly made this transition a much easier time.
Hopefully I will get better about continuing to update as the weeks go on.


No comments:
Post a Comment