Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Four Months Old



Miss Mallory is four months and growing like a weed!  We went to the doctor on Wednesday for her well-check and all looks good.  She is now 26 1/2 inches long, which puts her in the 97+%, 14 pounds 1 ounce, which is the 76%, and 16 inch head, 50%.  The doctor said all looked good.  I was a bit concerned that she had dropped so greatly in her weight percentage, but he said it was just due to how mobile and active she is and that she is just started to lean out like the rest of her family.


The rest of the day was pretty rough on our girl, two shots and teething like crazy, but she is a trooper.  It's pretty fun to watch Chloe with her though lately.  Every time Mallory is upset Chloe comes running telling me that Mallory must be hungry.  When I tell her that she isn't, she starts bringing Mallory every toy she can find to try and make her happy.  And now at night Chloe wont go to bed without telling Mallory goodnight and that she loves her.  I don't think Nolen and I could have gotten two better little girls, we truly are blessed.



Mallory loves to be sitting up these days, and is starting to play in her jumperoo.  She is also starting to reach for toys and hold onto them when you give them to her, which is fun.  Mallory has also mastered how to turn around while staying on her back.  I will put her to bed laying one way, and many morning when I go in to wake her up she has turned herself around and is laying the other way.



Chloe is doing great.  She is just talking up a storm and is coming up with new phrases all the time.  Some of our current favorites are, "Wait, I have an idea."; "Oh no, I'm trapped."; and "I keep warm."  She is also loving to sing, but most times she doesn't want you to listen.  When she thinks no one is listening she will start singing away, especially to anything "Tangled", "Frozen", or songs she has learned at school.



Last week we had two "snow days" here in southern Louisiana.  I'm not going to laugh, they were pretty funny.  Everyone was freaking out about this huge snow storm that was coming this way, but not so much.  We did get a good amount of ice, which is always scary, but not so much snow.  Chloe was determined to make a snowman, but it didn't work out too well.  With the cold weather, I decided to make a pot of gumbo.  Well we were curious to how Chloe would take to it that evening.  No need to worry there, she loved it!  First she picks out all the crawfish and eats those, then ate the entire rest of the bowl and kept asking for more.  The best part is how she says gumbo, with the emphasis being on the "gum" part.  And she kept asking for more GUMbo for the next few days.  We love that girls Cajun appetite.




I guess that's all for now.  As we speak more "sleet/snow" is falling, though I'm sure it won't stick around very long as it is just above freezing.  Hope everyone is staying warm.  Until next time :)





No comments:

Post a Comment