Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Another month gone by.  We went in for Mallory's six month appointment today and all looks good.  The doctor and I were kidding that we should go ahead and start her supermodel training because she is so long and lean!  Mallory is currently 27.75 inches tall and weighs 14.6 pounds.   That puts her at 95% for height and drops her to 25% for weight.  The doctor isn't concerned with her drop in weight percentage at all, just says she might be one of those with a really high metabolism.  Otherwise she looks great.  Gave us the go ahead for foods and all that fun stuff.  Which is good, since this morning she was eating Chloe's banana peel faster than I could peel the banana.  


Mallory is moving all over the place.  She isn't crawling yet, but she can get across the room if she wants to with this funny rolling, back skooting, wiggling move that she does.  We have slowly been introducing foods and that girl loves to eat.  She will grab hold of the spoon and hold it in her mouth until she gets all the food off the spoon and is ready for the next bite.  Mallory still loves to talk and just loves playing with Chloe.  Often while driving in the car I will all of a sudden here giggles from the backseat and its due to the two of them talking with each other.  I can only hope and pray that their relationship continues to grow and continues to be one of building each other up.


Chloe is doing great.  Continuing to blow us away with her talking and understanding of what is going on around her.  And more than anything her memory is amazing.  Just this morning I put on a watch that Mimi got me for my birthday and Chloe asks me, "Mommy, that your birthday watch?"  I tell her yes and her response was, "Mommy, Mimi gave you that watch."  It just amazes me each and every day what that little girl remembers and her ability to tell me about it.  She also loves to sing.  Since Frozen has come out she knows all the songs and even some of the "dances".  

So this past month has been a crazy one.  We spent a good part of it traveling to Texas.  First we went to Texas and saw a bunch of friends and some family.  Then the girls and I headed up to Dallas to visit with Nana and Papa, Gram Gram, Great Beans, Dano, Aunt Sherry, Mimi and Weezer.  It was a wonderful trip and the girls loved seeing everyone, but it was nice to come home too.

My mom drove back with us from Dallas, so it was nice to have her company in the car and her here for a few days after.  Then it was just back to the quick reality of playdates, Mother's Day Out, and daily chores.

Last Monday Chloe started swimming lessons, and she is doing amazing.  After having taught for 8 years myself, I was very interested to see how she was going to do in lessons, especially since they were one on one lessons.  Let me tell you, our Chloe is a little fish.  Even when she isn't thrilled about being in the water, she does whatever Ms. Maureen tells her to.  It's so much fun to watch her learn and watch how much she improves each and every day.  The hardest part will be making sure we keep her in the water enough this summer so she keeps applying what she has learned.  


Here are some random pictures from the past month:

Chloe and Mallory ready for church one Sunday in outfits from Nana and Papa:


Nolen and his girls one evening:
 

Nolen and I on our date night to a New Orleans Pelicans Game.

Mallory smiling for her Weezer while we were in Dallas.


Chloe was playing in Mimi's closet while we were in Dallas and channeling her inner-Diva!


I know there are a lot more pictures to update, but that's all I have for now.  I figure I'm already late on Mallory's 6 month update, and I know if I wait any longer it will be next month before I do an update.  Thank you all for following along!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment