Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby Bep

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2014

8 Months/ May Update

So I just realized I never actually posted this update.  I did it last week, when Mallory actually turned 8 months old, just forgot to post it.  So I apologize for being a bit late.


Eight months old and moving like crazy.  May was a wonderfully busy month around here.  Mallory is now 8 months old and gaining weight like a champ now that she is on formula and baby food.  We had to go to the doctor for a follow-up on an ear infection and Mallory weighed in at 17 pounds 14 ounces.  Now that was fully dressed and after a bottle, so it may be a bit more than normal, but still.  However, with how much she is moving, I'm not too concerned about her weight gain.  This past weekend she mastered the art of the army crawl and can now get herself anywhere he determined heart desires.  She is still a rolling pro, though, so it's more of a combination between the roll and army crawl to get her places.  She and Astro also really started checking each other out.  I think now that Mallory is moving, Astro is much more aware of her.


Chloe had her last week of Mother's Day out in mid-May and was sad to say goodbye to her teachers.  She still asks when we go to church if she will get to see Ms. MaryKay and Ms. Sandra, her teachers, or if it's just a regular church day.  


We went to the New Orleans Zoo one Saturday for the Chevron family picnic.  We always love a trip to the zoo, and the weather couldn't have been better.  Chloe loved getting to walk around the zoo with her friend Hudson.


Now that Mallory is moving all over the place, Chloe is really starting to enjoy playing with her.  They like to hide under Chloe's bed together  a lot.  They two of them will get under there, and next thing you hear they are both dying laughing.  It is truly one of the sweetest things I've ever heard!


Chloe also allowed Mallory to attend her first tea-party with Chloe.  It was pretty neat watching Chloe set it all up for Mallory, and then trying to show Mallory how you are suppose to clink cups and eat the food.  Mallory wasn't doing it quite like Chloe wanted, but I'm sure in time she will be.


The girls also had their first bath together this month.  Chloe absolutely loved being in the bath as the same time as Mallory and getting to "help."  I think more than anything Mallory was just confused as to why someone else was in the tub with her, but once she realized it was just Chloe they were both laughing again!


Anytime "unk" is over Chloe can always be found acting super silly.  I love this picture that Jacob got of the both of them and the one of Mallory as well acting so confused.

 Nolen was away for work one evening, so I decided to take the girls out on our own little date.  They were both "perfect" through dinner and we enjoyed our own little "special treat" as Chloe calls it.  Though now she keeps saying we should go for a "special treat" or that she needs a "special treat."  I might have created a monster with that one.


Chloe also loves to build forts, though if you ask her mom doesn't make them right, only dad does.  So here is a picture of her and Nolen in one of their forts they built one evening.  I'll also let you know that only dad is allowed in the fort with Chloe, not mom.


 Chloe has also become our little chef, well more of a cowgirl chef.  She loves to put on her cowboy boots and either cook or dance.  This is her cooking lunch for Mallory and I one day.


Memorial Day weekend we got out the sprinkler to let the girls play.  Chloe is not such a fan of the sprinkler which really surprised us.  She loves splash pads and playing in the water, but just not the sprinkler.  So instead she would sit in her wagon and have Nolen pull her through the sprinkler.  Then later we just gave her the hose and let her play.  She decided bumpy-car needed a good bath.

 
Mallory didn't mind going through the sprinkler at all.  Hopefully that love will continue as we get her into a pool to really splash and play!



 Mallory is also now sitting in the high chair at restaurants.  I've had a much harder time realizing she is big enough to do things than I did with Chloe.  I don't know if I am doing it on purpose, or if its just because Chloe was bigger than Mallory and that's why it happened sooner.  Either way, I guess it's just hard for me to believe how big Mallory is getting.  She needs to slow down and stay my little baby a little while longer!


That's all for May.  June proves to be even more crazy and busy, but we will love it all.  Thanks for the continued love and support on our journey.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics!!! So glad you keep us updated with this blog! Mallory is changing so much and I love seeing those changes! Also, love the pic of silly Unc and Chloe!! I hope all is going great in your world!! Love and hugs to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete