Morning everyone, thought I'd give you a little update as to what's going on. Don't worry, Ashley will still update you with pictures from later on, so don't feel cheated just yet :).
Things have been going pretty good lately. I've been staying very busy at work, with lots of opportunity to travel. I have several projects going on around TX, but I've left them in the capable hands of the field teams, so I'm sticking around close to home. With Ashley being pregnant, it really gives weight to each week as it passes. You look up and blink and the week is over. Long days and short weeks. And with each week, Ashley changes so much because Chloe is always pushing out, it just makes you stop and realize two things: 1. Stop and pay attention, and 2. Don't waste your life!
I started two projects around the house yesterday. I'm adding a second closet rod in Chloe's closet (since she's already got enough clothes to fill up the one rod, definitely her mother's child) and I'm putting some new shelves in a wardrobe in her bedroom. I'm having to stain both, so it's not a difficult thing to do, just takes time so that the stain can dry properly. Turns out they only sell closet rods in 16 ft sections, but I'm sure I'll find a use for the other 12 feet, ha.
Had a great "first" Father's Day last weekend. Ashley got me a blower that runs on the same battery system as my drill and weedeater. Now I can clean out the garage, yay! I just feel so adult like now. Get home in the evening after work and there's always something that needs doing, I just don't sit still anymore really.
Ashley had her last baby shower yesterday. Now we're taking stock and seeing what to spend gift certificates on! I won't spoil the fun though, I'll let her tell you all about it.
On another subject, I was re-baptized last weekend. This is not something that HAD to be done, but I wanted a way to show my rededication to the Lord. We had several of our friends with us to church to show their support, it was great. I was saved as a kid, and got baptized, but my thought was, would a kid really know about confession of sin and what I was getting myself into? So what this was to me, was a way to show folks that I have made/confirmed this decision as a conscious adult, fully knowing what I'm doing.
We're also still looking at changing vehicles for Ashley. The car seat we've been given (thank you) fits in the back seat of the truck and it has 4 doors. Ashley's car though only has 2 doors. And though the car seat will fit, I think it'd be a pain how each time you needed to get Chloe out of the back, you'd have to fiddle with the front seat. Also, if anyone wanted to sit in the front seat, in front of the car seat, you'd have to sit very forward and be squished. So we're looking a few different options.
I'm looking very forward to Chloe being here. I try to read to Chloe every night. We've bought some books and been given a whole lot more, so we have plenty of reading material. We did however, buy the "real" mother goose book. All the childhood classics are in the book, in their original form. Sometimes the original form looks NOTHING like how I remember these stories going. Most of it is written in older English, so there are some word connotations that have changed in the last hundred years, but nonetheless, hopefully Chloe can recognize my voice now.
Anyhow, thanks to everyone for their continued support and prayers. I look forward to bragging about Chloe and showing pictures to everyone!
Nolen


No comments:
Post a Comment